Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What Matters Most to You and Why?

Besides Faith and Family, (which I consider to be at the pinnacle of importance,) I would say that the thing that matters most to me is hard work.

 I have been reading in my 'Introduction to Entrepreneurship' class about the qualities that make up an entrepreneurial journey. These qualities are grouped into categories of skill, character, and luck. The most effective in not only my opinion, but many successful entrepreneurs and business folk, is that character is the most important quality. If you build and maintain a character of persistence and diligence, you are going to succeed. It might not be right away, but it will happen if you are a hard worker and never give up. Although skill and luck definitely come into play on the entrepreneurial journey, I believe it is that mindset of pushing through the difficult times and refusing to give up that births the most successful entrepreneurs.

My parents are two of the most hard working people I know. I am lucky enough to have been raised in that environment and to have learned from their example. I often remark on the cliche, 'you can do anything if you set your mind to it.' This saying rings true in my life. I used to lack the confidence to try new things because I was afraid of not being good enough. The day I pushed myself out of my comfort zone, and decided not to let life pass me by, I was able to realize that I just need to push myself in order to experience all the incredible things life has to offer! The idea of getting out of your comfort zone is where the hard work starts. Once you begin pushing out of that bubble, you get a high on working outside of where you feel most comfortable. This is because you are refining your character and growing your knowledge base.

Hard work will get you far in this life. You may not become a millionaire, but you will have success and happiness. Working diligently, persistently, and honestly, will bring you a satisfaction that even money cannot bring. As I have worked hard on certain things in my life such as school, work, overcoming obstacles, etc. I have recognized the blessings that come from working hard. Although I am adament about many things, hard work is a quality that I regard with the highest esteem.




No comments:

Post a Comment