Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Week 6

This week we focused on mentors and the people that can help us along our entrepreneurial journey.

I have been thinking A LOT about the people in my life and their influence on me. I am surrounded by successful entrepreneurs and business people who teach and inspire me. I am currently trying to customize my linkedin account in order to enter the business world in a graceful, professional way.

I have a few connections that I am going to interview as my mentors. However, I am struggling on finding successful mentors to interview because I am still unsure of which profession I intent to pursue. I think it will be helpful for me to interview some entrepreneurs who are working in fields that interest me and that I can see myself doing someday.

I am also lucky because my mother is a successful marketing manager at a growing software company based out of Plymouth, MA. She has helped me build my resume, learn about the industry, and get connected to others in the business world. I know we should look outside our inner circle and get out  of our comfort zone when looking for mentors, but I still go to my mom for a LOT of business advice.

We had some enjoyable readings that focused on the great importance of growing your network and utilizing it. Business is all about the connections you  have. If you aren't connected, there is no way you are gonna make it in the business world.

Something that has been on my mind lately is the future. Probably my ultimate goal is to fall in love, get married in the temple, and grow a family in Zion. When I consider my entrepreneurial journey, and how that comes into play, I want to make sure that I pursue something that will allow me to work on my ultimate goal. I have been really grateful for the talks, the chapters, and the videos which seem to addresss the balance of work and family. I've noticed the best thing to do in order to keep that balance is time management. Be at work, when you are at work, and be at home, when you are home. It all seems so simple, but it is extremely important and sometimes difficult.

In order to instigate better time management in my life, I am going to work on my schedule and utilizing my time now, so I can be prepared for the future. I have been considering this quality when  I choose my mentors.

No comments:

Post a Comment