Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Week 7

'Moving Forward with Passion' was the theme of this week's assignments. It was really interesting to examine how passion truly influences our choices. I've noticed that those who live with passion; who make decisions based on their passions, are usually happier and more successful.

We watched a really touching video from the Franklin Covey website that essentially asked, what do you want to be remembered for? When you turn 80, what will people say  about you? What will be written on your tombstone? This video got me thinking quite a bit about where I will be in my life at 80 years old. I have got some lofty goals that I hope to accomplish by then. I have to get started!

The other major discussion we had was based on the 7 habits of highly effective people and the 7 habits of highly effective entrepreneurs.

Highly Effective People:

  • Be Proactive
  • Begin with the End in Mind
  • Put First things First
  • Think Win Win
  • Seek first to Understand, then to be Understood
  • Synergy
  • Sharpen the Saw

Highly Effective Entrepreneurs:

  • They believe that they determine their own destiny
  • They deny themselves early gratification
  • They embrace change
  • They build teams
  • They focus on customers
  • They are excellent goal setters
  • They act with a sense of urgency
As I examine both of these lists, I see some habits in which I am strong, but for the most part, I see habits that I know I need to improve on. I am excited to cultivate these habits into my life in order to become a more successful entrepreneur as well as a more successful person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment