Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Week 10

This week we focused on "Dreaming Big!" When I think of entrepreneurship the concept of dreaming big is what immediately comes to mind. The group that presented in class came up with quite a few excellent examples, but the one that stood out to me the  most was Elon Musk. Musk is the founder of PayPal, which obviously hit it big. But, instead of retiring there, Musk is currently working on a project to get men to Mars called, SpaceX. What an incredible example of reaching for the stars (literally.)

I think I struggle with dreaming big. I am a very realistic person, and I get scared of allowing myself to dream up something big because I feel like it is so far from reality. This class however, has helped me to recognize this problem and begin to master it. I have been dreaming big ever since we started in April and it is the most satisfying feeling. I love  how many opportunities and possibilities that are out there. They seem endless! Although my goals are not quite as big as sending men on Mars, and do not involve any intergalactic travel, I have  some lofty goals that I am excited to achieve.

Now that I have spent more time in the growth zone, I realize that this is  where I want to be. The comfort zone is a place I love to visit, but I do NOT want to live there. I am ready to work hard and pursue my passions. Many times throughout history, there have been naysayers against those who believe in the power of their big dreams. However, look at  all dreaming big has achieved for mankind! One of my favorite quotes, although it is totally cheesy, is "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars."

No comments:

Post a Comment