Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Week 11

Today's topic was Financial Fitness and Faithful Stewardship. We also spoke quite a bit and read quite a bit about the Balancing Act of an entrepreneur.

The topic of balance really hit me. I have a real fear of screwing up my life and my kid's lives because I do not fulfill my role as a mother. I think working is important, however my family and my children are much more important. I have this strong desire to do it all, but I am not sure how that will work out. Even so, I know that right now, I can implement habits in my life that can help me achieve balance and prepare for my future. And even though I do not know what the future holds, I know that if I follow the Lord's promptings, I will be okay.

We also discussed money and the fact that money is NOT evil. However, the obsession of money is. My personal feelings on money are that it is an important thing but it is  not the MOST important thing. We need to have knowledge of our finances but we cannot have that knowledge or the drive for more money consume us.

Financial Fitness:
1. Do not be lazy.
2. Live within your means.
3. Pay the Lord first, and Yourself second.

I also enjoyed the team's message that presented today:

1. Give whatever is in front of you your all!
2. Forgive yourself.
3. Measure yourself in years, rather than days/months.

No comments:

Post a Comment