Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Week 12

"Start where you are. Start with what you have. Make something of it! Never be satisfied."
                                                                                                        ~George Washington Carver

This week was on one of my favorite subjects...SOCIAL entrepreneurship! Here are a couple notes I jotted down during this week's class....

- We were all born entrepreneurs
- True developments puts those first which society puts last
- The poor are credit worthy...they just need an opportunity
- The world is created by mindsets
- Always be ready to unlearn and relearn
- "Have I rescued anyone lately"
- In the days of service -- things are founded
- In the days of vanity -- things are destroyed
- Get past the  analysis paralysis

Here were some guidelines for becoming a social entrepreneur:

1. Slow down
2. Practice an attitude of gratitude
3. Spend time with someone less fortunate than you
4. Take note

Social entrepreneurship is extremely appealing to me because I love the idea of helping those who are in need. I see so many incredible people helping those who are hunger, those who are homeless, and those who are sick. It touches my heart and I want to be a part of it. I have already enrolled in the Social Innovations class for next semester and I am so excited to expand my knowledge on the subject. I absolutely loved Muhammad's article about his Grameen Bank. I hope that I can be like him and do what he  does someday.


word count: 235

No comments:

Post a Comment