Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Week 14 - Last Week of Class

Wow, I can hardly believe spring semester is over already! This week's theme was "Celebrating Life." One of my favorite quotes, that I regularly reflect on is "Not every day will be good, but there will be something good in every day." When we talked about  celebrating in class today, I thought about  celebrating each days little triumphs. When I say my nightly prayers, I try to make sure I thank God for his daily tender mercies. Occasionally, I make  a list in my gratitude journal before I pray. Actually, I am trying to do this more often.

As I reflect on this semester, I think this class has truly influenced me to get out of my comfort zone. I started taking more classes that contribute to my major, and one particular class, B211, was HARD. At first, I was struggling with the material and I had so many self-doubts. But, through the inspiration I gained from this class, B183, I shoved those fears aside, and I actually got a really good grade in my B211 class. Even more than that, I learned so many valuable lessons, and I had so much fun! Another thing I did this semester was apply for a hard to reach job. I was confident and I actually got the position. When I first started working there, I felt so out of place. I didn't know the language, I was not sure who to talk to, or who was who! But, I stuck it out and now I am very successful. I recently met with my boss and he had only positive things to say about me! It was definitely an uplifting, fulfilling experience. I also started playing on a softball team! I have never played competitive sports on my life so this was a major feat for me. I did pretty well too! Or at least that is what everyone says. Maybe they are just being nice!

So all in all, I have to say, I am really grateful for this class. I was able to harness my dreams and start putting them to action. Creating my bucket list was probably my favorite activity. For days, I was brainstorming different dreams and I got really inspired. Every time I read over the list I want to get started right away, and I do! Moving forward, I want  to continue to work hard and stay inspired. I believe living an honest, humble life filled with passion is the only way to truly live. As next semester begins, I will focus on getting into my growth zone and shying away from the comfort zone. This concept helped me SO much this semester and I believe if I keep practicing this concept, it will only make me better! Thanks Bro. Nygren for an incredibly inspired semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment