Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Week 2

This week's topic was "Create a Life of Meaning." Our activities the stood out to me were Randy Pausch's last lecture, and our readings from "A Hero's Journey" and "The Ministry of Business."

I love the idea of creating a life that has a purpose. Something that was mentioned was setting intentions with the end goal in mind. The act of doing so, gives direction and meaning to our stars and stepping stones.

Stars = long term goals
Stepping Stones = short term goals 

I am really enjoying this class. I do not think I have ever had  a class that has made me think about my future so often and at such a high magnitude. After setting many important goals of mine (my bucket list,) and narrowing down my job preferences, I feel like I am discovering how I can start 'creating a life of meaning.'

A large part of achieving goals is working on short term goals. To me, these goals currently include:


  • Reading my scriptures morning & night
  • Praying morning and night
  • Exercising 4x per week
  • Going to the temple bi-weekly
  • Practicing my ukulele/guitar everyday
  • Going to church
  • Going too every class
  • Going to church
  • Going to work
  • And of course, passing my homework in on time
Sometimes short term goals seem boring. But I know that they are the key to success. Short-term goals are the stepping stones that help us reach those long-term goals. In order to 'create a meaningful life' we need to be giving 100% everyday.

 In another class today, a girl said something that really inspired me, "Give 100% everyday, but remember your 100% won't be the same everyday." This really struck me, because I am often discouraged when I have an extremely productive day, and then the next day, I feel like I haven't done as much to progress towards my goals. But, it is true. Every day will be different. 

I've noticed a trend in the readings among entrepreneurs. They work hard and they never give up. I have always had this work ethic drilled into my head since I was young, and that is why I am so excited to begin my entrepreneurial journey. Although I am still a little fuzzy on what exactly it is that I want to do, I know that is I set an intention and work hard towards that goal, I will achieve success and 'create a meaningful life.' 



No comments:

Post a Comment